Tuesday, July 6, 2010

good weekend

Happy to report that I stayed on track all weekend! I hope you all had a great weekend too! I found some great store brand carb buster yogurt, and found out that I was doing good to eat those avocados last week (even though they have carbs) because they are good for one's blood sugar!

I started taking a supplement called ALA to help stablize blood sugar and help turn glucose into energy. I will post how it goes. Here is a blurb on it from the website linked above:

"Perhaps the most significant function of ALA is its important role in energy production from carbohydrates, participating in the multi-enzyme process on many levels. ALA stimulates insulin activity, reduces insulin resistance, and enhances glucose burning in obese laboratory animals. Humans with diabetes show a ~50% increase in glucose consumption. This also has implications for athletes and the overweight. Muscle activity requires efficient sugar metabolism. Similar improvements in sugar disposal occurred in brain tissue."


I also found a cool little app for my phone that lets me track my food, blood sugars, and the like. I can email the info to myself, so I will have to come up with some great way to analyze the statistics of it all :)

This week I need to work on DRINKING MORE WATER!!!

Best,
Two

No comments:

Post a Comment