Sunday, February 7, 2010

day 28 - Time to start blogging again!!

My day (Sunday 2/7/10) -
OK, time for me to sit and try to write some. I still have lots of pain & stiffness. It is going to be a long road to recovery. However, I need to get blogging again!


I wanna new bar....
Ok, I have been looking for a decent bar that isn't too high in calories, but will also fill me up at the 10:00 snack time. So, I found something that I used to eat a lot in college: Heart Thrive bars. They are SUPER healthy and only 161 calories a serving, over 6 grams of protein, 257 mg of calcium, whole grain, nonGMO, vegan, and they are wheat & dairy free.

INGREDIENTS

OATS, UNSULFURED APRICOTS, BROWN RICE SYRUP, BROWN RICE FLOUR, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, SOY FLOUR, INULIN (CHICORY ROOT EXTRACT), RICE BRAN, NATURAL FRUIT JUICE, DRIED PLUMS, DRIED APPLES, DRIED PEARS, ORANGE PEEL, CALCIUM CITRATE, ALMOND EXTRACT.

Apricot is my favorite but there area lots of flavors. You thought be able to find them at a health food store near you.


Other than that, I have been surviving. Being in constant pain for 5 days is something I am sort of used to with fibromyalgia. But this back/neck pain is quite icky! Dealing with the insurance companies, trying to get my car fixed, not run out of pain pills, going to Dr after Dr, and still trying to keep my life going....well, that is a challenge to say the least!

Ultimate goal: HALF MY SIZE BY Sept 2012
Working goal: to fit back into those size 18 pants by May 1
**NEW** Mini Goal: STAY OFF THE SCALE UNTIL WEIGH-IN DAY!
Mini Goal: take my thyroid meds more regularly!


Food:
-bowl of HN cheerios cereal & milk (275)
-heart thrive bar (161)
-lean cuisine (330)
-RK treat (90)
-bar (100)
-crackers, LC cheese, tomato (105)
-Full bites (150)
-big salad with light dressing & almonds (180)
-LC meal (330)
-skinny cow ice cream (150)


total diet cokes today: 4!
Calories:...1871

Daily Calorie Requirements: 2,579

500 calorie deficit: 2079
700 calorie deficit: 1879 (means "goal" ~10 months sooner!)

workout:
None until OK'ed by Dr :-(

Water:
not much. Ok, I justify this by saying it is hard for me to move, so getting up every 10 minutes to pee is not acceptable. Can you buy that one?

Confession of the day: (good for the soul, no?)
I have had my share of health problems, but damn! I really should have appreciated the ability to do things for myself, drive myself, pick things up, etc etc when I could. I feel so helpless now. The pain really sucks too.

Until tomorrow,
Two

No comments:

Post a Comment