Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 23 - life can change in an instant!

My day (Tuesday 2/2/10) -
Wow, things can change in an instant. This is a short post tonight since I am all doped up on vicodan and a little loopy. Today, as I was picking up the kids from school, I was stopped to turn into a parking space when someone rear-ended me going about 35mph. A teenager. The front end of her car was mostly totaled. My car, the wonderful Subaru, just got a wonky bumper. But I got whiplash. Holy cow! Spent the rest of the afternoon in urgent care with Xrays and such. Trying to figure out what to do next.

This has changed my whole week. Most appointments are canceled now, my husband took the rest of the week off (because I am not supposed to lift over 5#). I can't workout. And, apparently, I will be even more sore tomorrow than I am tonight! Oh Boy!

However, as good of an excuse as it was to just go get drive thru fast food for dinner, I did not. I ate my lean cuisine. I didnt have a salad like I normally do and had a couple more 100 calories bars than I should have, but heck, I think I did pretty well. I am still right around where I should be for calories.

Hopefully, I will be up to writing more tomorrow. But, I wanted to write and say that I will NOT use this as an excuse to overeat, go off my eating plan, etc.

Ultimate goal: HALF MY SIZE BY Sept 2012
Working goal: to fit back into those size 18 pants by May 1
**NEW** Mini Goal: STAY OFF THE SCALE UNTIL WEIGH-IN DAY!
Mini Goal: take my thyroid meds more regularly!


Food:
-no food journal today. But about right on with calories.
total diet cokes today: 2
Calories:...

Daily Calorie Requirements: 2,579

500 calorie deficit: 2079
700 calorie deficit: 1879 (means "goal" ~10 months sooner!)

workout:
lots of walking in the AM

Water:
20oz

Confession of the day: (good for the soul, no?)
none.


Until tomorrow,
Two

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap, I'm sorry! I'm so glad it was "only" whiplash, and not anything worse.
    Please take care of yourself! I'm glad you're not planning on overeating while you recover.

    ReplyDelete